About Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder:
Zinc Selenide (Zinc Selenide) is an inorganic compound with the molecular formula ZnSe and a molecular weight of 144.35. It is a yellow cubic crystal system. Relative density 5.65, refractive index 2.89. Sublimation. The transmittance of infrared light with a wavelength less than 15 μm is more than 60%. See light quickly turns red, long time in the air or in the case of dilute nitric acid easy to decompose. Zinc selenide is insoluble in water but reacts with acids to form a toxic hydrogen selenide gas.
Zinc selenide (ZnSe) is composed of zinc (Zn) and selenium (Se). It is an intrinsic semiconductor with a bandgap of about 2.70eV at 25°C(77°F).ZnSe, which is rarely found in nature, is found in a mineral called Steele stone, named after Hans Steele.ZnSe has two crystal structures: hexagonal (wurtzite) and square (sphalerite).
ZnSe is a wideband gap semiconductor of the II-VI semiconductor family (because zinc and selenium belong to groups 12 and 16 of the periodic table, respectively).The material may be doped with n-type doping, for example, halogen elements. P-type doping is more difficult but can be achieved by introducing gallium
Zinc selenide is composed of selenium and zinc Ⅱ - Ⅵ compound semiconductor materials, heated to a certain temperature in the air will be oxidized to carbon dioxide selenium and zinc oxide, forbidden bandwidth is 2.6 eV. It is a compound semiconductor that can emit a range of visible light from yellow to blue materials. Feel free to send an inquiry to get the latest price if you would like to buy Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder in bulk.
Properties of Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder :
Zinc selenide has a chemical formula of ZnSe and a molecular weight of 144.33. It is a light yellow solid compound and insoluble in water. It is prepared by the reaction of zinc chloride, zinc sulfate, etc. with hydrogen selenide. Widely used in the fields of laser, medicine, astronomy and infrared night vision. The zinc selenide material is a yellow transparent polycrystalline material with a crystal particle size of about 70 μm and a light transmission range of 0.5-15 μm. The chemical vapor deposition (CVD) method basically has no impurity absorption, and the scattering loss is extremely low. Because of its small absorption of 10.6μm wavelength light, it has become the material of choice for the manufacture of optical devices in high-power CO2 laser systems. In addition, it is a material commonly used in different optical systems in its entire light transmission band.
|Specification of Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder :|
|Zinc Selenide MF||ZnSe|
|Zinc SelenideColor||light yellow|
|Zinc Selenide Weight||144|
|Zinc SelenideMelting point||1100℃|
|Zinc SelenideCAS No.||1315-09-9|
|Zinc SelenideEINECS No.||215-259-7|
|Zinc Selenide Density||5.42 g/cm3|
How is Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder produced?
Zinc selenide can be prepared by the reaction of H2Se with ZnSO4 solution, or by the reaction of ZnO, ZnS and Se mixed and heated to 800 ℃. Used as a catalyst for the organic synthesis of acetone from isopropanol. A compound containing Cd with a small amount Of Zn is Called a Phosphor.
1. Dilute solution of zinc sulfate buffered with ammonium acetate is added to the saturated solution of H2Se, and H2Se gas diluted with N2 or H2 is added to the solution (formed by the reaction of Al2Se3 and dilute hydrochloric acid) . The precipitated vessel is heated over a steam bath and the excess H2Se gas is absorbed in a wash bottle containing concentrated nitric acid. If the zinc salt solution is introduced too fast or the concentration is too high, the white precipitate will be formed, and it will take a long time to change to the yellow ZnSe.Yellow ZnSe precipitates are difficult to filter and need to be separated by centrifugation. The separated precipitate was washed first with boiled dilute ammonia and then with methanol. The cleaned ZnSe precipitates were first dried in a vacuum dryer containing CaCl2.Then, It was dried in a dryer containing P2O5 AT 120 ° C.
Zinc selenide is very sensitive to air when it is wet. Therefore, the dried product needs to be placed in the glass tube, heated at 600 ℃, H2 or H2Se atmosphere for 2 ~ 4h, to remove the oxidized product.
2. A mixture of 4g zinc oxide, 2.5g zinc sulfide and 6g selenium was placed in a quartz crucible in the lid and heated at 800℃ for 15 minutes to obtain the ZnSe product.
Applications of Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder:
ZnSe is grown in melt under excess inert gas pressure (usually Ar). When there is no absorption and inclusions, it is very suitable for 10.6 μm wavelength CO2 laser optics. Therefore, ZnSe is a very important infrared material. It has a very wide transmission wavelength range (0.45 ~ 21.5 μm). The refractive index of 550 nm (green) and 2.40 refractive index was 10.6 μm (LWIR). In addition, ZnSe applications include:
1. ZnSe can be used as a fluorescent material and a semiconductor dopant;
2. ZnSe is widely used in laser, medicine, astronomy and infrared fields.
3. Znse is used to make infrared transmitted materials and infrared optical instruments
4. ZnSe is used to form an II-Vi LED and diode laser. It produces blue light.
Cr Doped ZnSe (ZnSe: Cr) is used as an infrared laser gain medium with an emission wavelength of about 2.4 μm.
5. Activated ZnSe (ZnSe (TE)) is a scintillator having 640 nm, which is suitable for matching the photodiode. It is used for X-rays and gamma-ray detectors. The ZnSe scintillator is obviously different from the ZnS scintillator.
Packing & Shipping of Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder :
Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder packing: vacuum packing, 1kg/bag, 25kg/barrel, or as your request.
Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder shipping: could be shipped out by sea, by air, by express as soon as possible once payment receipt.
Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder Properties
|Other Names||Zinc Selenide, IR grade zinc selenide, Zinc monoselenide,|
Stilleite, selanylidenezinc, selenoxozinc, Zn-Se, Zn-SE-04-P, Zn3Se2
|Appearance||Light yellow crystalline solid|
|Melting Point||1520-1525 °C|
|Solubility in water||0.001g/100g water|
|Particle Size||granule, -100mesh|
|Specific Heat||340 J/kg-K|
|Thermal Conductivity||18 W/m-K (@ 298K)|
|Thermal Expansion||7.3 µm/m-K|
|Young's Modulus||67.2-69 GPa|
|Monoisotopic Mass||143.845673 Da|
Zinc Selenide ZnSe Powder Health & Safety Information
|Transport Information||UN 3283 6.1/PG 2|
15+ years of experience
Over $50+ million in sales
14+ years of experience
Over $50+ million in sales
About Metal Alloy High Purity Tungsten Crucibles:Chemical composition:…
About Metal Alloy Vacuum Coating Tungsten Melting Pot Tungsten Crucibles:Chemical composition:…