What is Magnesium Nitride
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium nitride is an inorganic molecule with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It's part of the cubic crystals system. At low temperatures, pure magnesium nutride is a color of yellow and green However, magnesium nitride that has the magnesium oxide particles is grayish white.
The Molar mass of magnesium nitride is 100.95g/mol. Density is 2.712g/cm3. Magnesium Nitride is completely dissolved in water and acid, but it is partially dissolved in the ether and ethanol.
The melting point for magnesium nitride is 1500 °. Magnesium nitrideis one of the metal nitrides, reacts water to produce ammonia. It is commonly used as a catalyst. React with acidic or aqueous nonmetallic oxides that result in ammonium salts as well as magnesium salts.
Magnesium Nitride is a ceramic substance in nature. Magnesium has excellent corrosion resistance and greatly improves productivity. Magnesium Nitride also has high thermal conductivity as well having a high resistance to corrosion and temperature resistance. Magnesium nitride also has a great significance since it's used as a catalyst in the synthesizing of boron.
What Is Magnesium-Nitride Used For?
1. It is used as a catalyst to make the nitride out of other elements with high hardness and high thermal conductivity. It also provides wear resistance, corrosion resistance and extreme temperature resistance. In the first successful formula for cubic boron, The catalyst used was magnesium Nitride.
2. Utilized for high-strength steel for smelting. Magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) is a substitute for desulphurized magnesium used in construction steel in smelting. This helps to increase the density strength of the steel, as well as the tension and bearing force of steel. In addition, using of magnesium Nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurizationmay reduce the amount of other additives, helping to reduce the cost of manufacturing construction steel.
3. Useful for preparing special ceramic materials;
4. To manufacture a special alloy foaming agent
5. For the production of special glass
6. For catalytic polymer crosslinking;
7. To recycle radioactive waste
How do I Make Magnesium Nitride?
The main preparation methods of magnesium nitride are direct reaction method of magnesium powder with nitrogen, method of reaction of magnesium with nitrogen using nitrogen plasma flow as well as the method for the explosion of magnesium coils in nitrogen atmosphere the low pressure chemical gas in conjunction with the product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis technique, nano magnesium nitride synthesizer for example.
Recently, G. Soto et al. made amorphous magnesium oxide films featuring different Mg:N ratios Si substrates in a nitrogen-based molecular environment using an application of pulsed lasers. These methods are limited in their industrial production due to expensive costs, long processes, complex equipment operation, or a low yield of magnesium Nitride.
Although the direct reaction between magnesium powder in nitrogen has an industrial use, the creation of magnesium nitride requires more heat and a longer reaction time. Furthermore, the particle's shape is not perfect and easy to agglomerate, which can not meet the requirements for industrial quality. In the process of decomposition, NH3 can form N- which is a broken bond much more quickly than N2 and the decomposed H2 is able to interfere with the formation process of MgO, so ammonia gas is an ideal nitrogen source. Chen Faqin et al. utilized liquid ammonia as a nitrogen source to prepare magnesium nitride using direct nitriding of magnesium powder. The following conclusions can be drawn from thermodynamic analysis, liquid ammonia can react with magnesium powder much more quickly than nitrogen to produce magnesium nitride. magnesium nitride powder that has consistent and high purity particles is made by heating it to 600 degrees Celsius and in ammonia-based atmosphere for 1h, then heated to 800, ammonia flow rate of 500ml/min and an nitriding duration of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Supplier
We are a reliable global chemical material supplier and manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials, including silicon powder graphite , zinc sulfide calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, etc.
If you're interested in high-quality Mg3N2 powder Feel free to call us or send us an inquiry. (email@example.com)